Friday, August 12, 2016

I must confess...

that I view this blog as a chore-- a neglected chore for certain. Amongst the many, many tasks I have as 1/3 of the manpower here at Southern Garden Tools, paying attention to this blog isn't something I often do. However, I would like to change a lot of things about this blog and make it less "articles" and more a chronicle of what we do here. Besides having top-notch products like pea and bean shellers, nutcrackers, nut picker uppers, vertical gardening systems and more-- we are a thriving e-commerce business with quite a bit of humor and gaffes on a daily basis. Personally, I'd rather write a blog about what's going on in our trials and tribulations as an internet company and what we offer that no one else can than write articles that I'm not sure anyone is reading.


In any case, please watch the change of direction on our blog and tell me what you think. In case you are new to this blog, to us or just need a refresher, I'd like to tell you a little about who we are. We are Southern Garden Tools.

Ha-- Ok, more about us. We are mainly an e-commerce business that sells a wide variety of home harvest automation products. We sell on a variety of marketplaces (that means places like Amazon, Ebay) under the name 855Sheller. We also sell on our websites. Now, are you ready for them? Because we have quite a lot. Here goes: Lawn Gardening Tools, Garden Harvesters, Black Walnut Cracker, Bama Bots, PeaSheller.Net, 855Sheller, Vertical Gardening Systems and PoBoy Pea Sheller. A question I usually field at this time.. WHY so many sites? Well-- we want YOU to find US. We don't care which site you frequent. We just want you to be able to search on Google or your search engine of choice and locate us. Each site has a different focus but every site comes with superior customer service, expert advice and no hassle returns. We really pride ourselves in our relationships we establish with customers.

Few more things-- I know this post is getting long. WHO are we? Our master and commander is Kerry (I'll try to add pictures soon). He is the owner and sometimes, I let him be the boss as well. He started our humble company in the back of his home and now we've grown to two large warehouses. We appreciate his vision. He brings loads of creative ideas and crude humor.

Then, there is me. My name is Amy and I am the office manager. Mind you, I was hired as a Content Writer. But I promoted myself to Office Manager as it is more in line with what I do. If you call our line-- 855-743-5537 (which is 855-Sheller by the way), you are most likely going to reach me or Kerry. I do loads of customer service related tasks-- emails, calls, etc. I manage social media, blogs, marketplaces including listing new items, price monitoring... I handle wholesale sales (something new we are working on)... really, I do quite a lot. Tell Kerry that.

The other pie piece in this business is Corey. Corey is our shipper. He ensures that AFTER your order... your item is properly packaged and shipped to the correct address. We ship via USPS, FedEx and UPS so his task can be quite arduous.

We have our "main products" here at Southern Garden Tools-- pea/bean shellers, corn creamers and cutters, nutcrackers and nut picker uppers, and various vertical gardening systems. But we are expanding our product line so that we can offer a full array of products for automating your home harvest. We recently began offering fruit and wine presses (with and without grinders). I absolutely love our line of Happy Valley Ranch presses. They are HIGH-quality products that utilize the same pressing techniques from yesteryear. We also offer an array of grain mills from your basic hand-cranked to your Country Living Grain Mills with a full line of accessories to compliment. We have other products too so be sure to visit our websites to learn more.

If you know of a product you think we should carry, then let us know. Email me at amy@egarden.com and we will take a look at it! I hope you like the new direction of the blog. Comments and suggestions are always welcome and I look forward to providing you with a behind-the-scenes look at Southern Garden Tools and in-depth knowledge of the high-quality products we carry.

1 comment:

LT said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.